Monday, August 20, 2018

A Trip to the Coast of Maine

I am resurrecting this blog a year after our cross country ramble.  And this time we're not traveling with our little tent camper.  We have much nicer accommodations.  But there's a short prologue first...

During my freshman year at Guilford College, I met Mary Lou Hinton (now Barker), but when I transferred to Appalachian State University, we lost touch for 40-some years.  A year ago, thanks to Facebook and my brother's searching, we reconnected.  To my delight, she and her husband are now living in Sullivan, Maine in this lovely late 19th century house.


Her sister and brother-in-law, Gina and Jay, live nearby and offered us their beautiful garage apartment to stay in for the week that we're here.  You can see the living room and kitchen in these photos:


And the outside entrance and view of the garden in these:



This deck is the perfect place to enjoy our morning tea and coffee...
I feel as if I'm sitting in a tree house!

My favorite part of the garden are the sunflowers.

And here's a view of the outside of the garage.


The afternoon we arrived, we went to see the tidal falls.  When the tide is coming in, the falls flow one way, and then shift when the tide is going out.  In this late afternoon photo, the tide is coming in.


This morning we took a walk along the shore of Hancock Point.



And I couldn't resist a picture of this tiny post office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Please note: To prevent spam, comments are published after moderation.